Sell the Rumor
There were liquidations. And margin calls. And volume.
Various asset classes this week saw what could best be described as "statistically significant."
It was the "risk off" trade that dominated this week with $SPY, $DIA, and $QQQ all breaking significant levels, safety trades such as the $TLT, $GLD, and $FXF all running higher.
On top of this, investors were forced into buying insurance, sending the $VXX and $VIX into very overbought levels.
Earnings season had bad reactions this quarter, Euro debt still looms, and to top it all off the S&P comes out and downgrades US Debt.
I guess the good news is that we know all the bad news.
In this Episode of Stocktwits Brunch, we discuss:
- the hypocritical stance of Standard and Poor's in their downgrade
- how we can use the weekly Bollinger Bands as a way to measure market extremes
- what kind of signals you need in order to say we are still in a bull market
- stocks that don't "suck" like $AAPL $HANS $TIF and a handful of others
- option strategies to use if we get a rally higher
- your individual requests
Don't miss another IWO Video-- have them delivered straight to your inbox! Just fill out this form and we’ll send you videos as they come out.