We've got a 3-day weekend coming up, and the equity markets have had some headwinds due to a swift reversal on the fed minutes on Wednesday.
Here's how I think this weekend will play out.
This is not anything that is set in stone, or any sort of in-depth technical analysis. This is me "playing the player" rather than looking at fundamentals-- we've seen this crap before
- Sunday will see the forex markets open and the yen will continue to strengthen against other currencies
- This will lead to a further correction and volatility in the Nikkei and will cause a spillover into the futures markets
- The US futures markets will open at 815 and see increased volatility
- Every fund manager in the Hamptons will have to un-pop his collar, put down his tom collins, and get glued to his
Blackberry iPhoneSamsung device. Calls will be made, doom and gloom will permeate, zerohedge's twitter feed blows up.
- Sell orders line up for the open on Tuesday. Futures markets have already priced the market down in anticipation of these sell orders. Volatility futures spike up and there's a nice gap down in many stocks.
That's when you buy.